Ottawa Student Rental Insurance
As a landlord, you want to protect yourself against possible issues that can arise while having young tenants rent your property. Student Housing Insurance can provide you that protection so you can focus on other important matters.
The Importance of Student Rental Insurance
Unlike a homeowner, if disaster strikes, you will not only face the loss of your property, but you may also lose rental income while repairs are being carried out. You need adequate Realty Insurance coverage to ensure your financial survival. Being prepared for the worst will give you the peace of mind you deserve after all of the work you’ve put into your investment.
Who Needs Student Rental Insurance?
Student Housing coverage makes sense for anyone who owns a student rental property. Not only will it protect your property investment against most major disasters, this insurance coverage will also protect your personal and corporate assets in the event of any lawsuit that might arise from the ownership of the rental property.
You’ve worked hard to build your income, rental by rental. Don’t let one event or tenant take it all away.
Realty Insurance for Students has some specific coverage not found in other building owner policies. Without the proper types of coverage, you can find yourself with a gap in your insurance portfolio. At Reid & Bradley’s Insurance, we specialize in providing one of the most comprehensive policies available for owners of student properties.
You can purchase basic insurance coverage that will protect your property and rental income from the most common perils. You should, however, consider enhancements to your policy to protect against less common disasters as well. For a proper quote, you should also get pricing for the following coverage and then decide what best fits your needs:
- Building and contents – includes the building structure and any contents you have provided, such as laundry facilities
- Permission for summer vacancy – keeps your coverage in place during the summer months when your tenants have returned home
- Rental income – protection for your income if repairs resulting from an insured loss prevents your tenants from occupying your property.
- Equipment breakdown – losses arising from the sudden breakdown of boilers, HVAC units, and electrical panels
- Sewer back up – full policy limits available, no sub-limit for water damage or sewer back up
- Flood Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance
- Commercial General Liability – protecting you from property damage or bodily injury claims arising from the ownership of that property – for example, if someone slips and falls on the rented premises
Why You Need Your Student Rental Property Insurance From The Professionals
Reid & Bradley’s Insurance has a large team of insurance brokers who have many years of experience in insuring all types if realty risks. Our brokers have been providing specialty insurance for student housing landlords for almost 60 years. By taking a thorough and personalized risk-management approach, our knowledgeable brokers can take the guess work out of insuring your rental property by providing quotes for the coverage and limits you need. We are a well-known, reputable Ottawa-based insurance brokerage which has built strong relationships with Canada’s leading insurance companies.
Two Reasons to Get Started Today!
- Your student rental is a valuable investment so there is no time like the present to make sure your property, as well as your rental income and liability, are fully protected by most comprehensive insurance product available
- A no-risk quote can give you peace of mind right away. Just fill out the form now and we will get back to you with the exact coverage you need, and a very affordable quote.