Auto Garage Insurance
Ontario Auto Repair Shop Insurance
When we ask owners of repair garages whether they have the proper insurance coverage in place for their business, scarily enough, the most common response is:
“I hope so!”
Your clients depend on you for high-quality auto repairs or upgrades to get them back on the road as quickly as possible. Especially in a city like Ottawa, which has sprawls into large rural wards, people are highly dependent on their personal vehicles. If your business is stalled due to an incident, you can be sure potential customers — even the loyal ‘regulars’ — will go elsewhere rather than waiting. This is why it’s crucial to the success of your business to have an experienced team of insurance experts behind you to help keep your operation up-and-running, despite unforeseen incidents that may occur.
What is Auto Repair Shop Insurance?
Auto Garage Insurance is a specialized insurance product that covers all aspects of your business. It is specifically designed to cover the numerous risks that are associated with an auto repair garage, and our insurance program is easily custom designed to suit your unique business needs.
Who Needs Auto Shop Insurance?
- Auto Repair Garages
- Specialty Shops
- Auto Glass Repair Shops
- Auto Detailers
Basic Auto Garage Insurance Coverage
A basic policy comes with basic protection. However, this may not be enough. Here is what a simple policy might include:
- Commercial Building Insurance – Covers physical hazards that may damage your property.
- Building Contents Coverage – This will cover your building contents, you will need specialized insurance for your equipment or tools.
- General Business Liability Coverage –
- Garage Policy – A commercial auto policy designed to address the needs of auto repair garages. This covers customer’s cars while in your custody.
Auto Repair Shop Insurance Options
You run a unique business that comes with a large number of distinct risks. As such, you should be considering the following options:
- Special Hazards – These are hazards that are not covered under your basic insurance product. Hazards such a earthquakes, flood, hail and sewer back up are all risks that can be addressed.
- Deductibles – Can be adjusted to a level that suits your business, and that you feel comfortable with. These can effect your annual premium.
- Umbrella Insurance – A policy designed to provide protection against catastrophic losses. It fills in any gaps in coverage and is generally written over primary liability policies, such as the business auto policy.
- Business Interruption – Insurance covering loss of income suffered by a business when damage to its premises (by a covered cause of loss) leads to a slowdown or suspension of its operations.
- Employees’ Tools – Is a coverage provided to your employees while their tools are at your shop.
- Pollution Liability – Provides clean-up expense when a pollution incident arises from the operation of your business.
Getting The Best Auto Garage Insurance
When your car needs service, you take it to an experienced mechanic because you know they can fix it, and fix it right. The same is true for insurance. An experienced and trained insurance expert can find you the best coverage options at the lowest rates. This is especially true when you choose to do business with a company like Reid & Bradley’s Insurance.
We do not represent just one insurance company; we are a brokerage that has longstanding relationships with many of Ontario’s top insurers. After you contact one of our local specialists to discuss your insurance needs, your job is essentially finished. Your insurance broker crunches all the numbers and compares policies and premiums from several top companies. This ensures that you get exactly what you need for the lowest price.